Here are the “super” teams I am aware of. If I missing any, please leave a comment!
- Sheila Barden moved from Nebraska down to Texas to compete on a team with Travis Williams, Jordan Cook and Rachel Garibay.
- Chelsea Grigsby, Jamie Hagiya, Andrew Kong and Ted Hwang are forming a team in California. Hagiya is a Games competitor in individual and I think the other are all multiple regional competitors.
- I think Reebok ONE is competing again with Austin Malleolo and Spencer Hendel and ladies. But I’m not sure what the teams will be now that there are 4 per team.
- I think the CrossFit Mayhem teams are:
- Rich Froning, Matt Hewett, Lindy Barber and Tasia Percevecz for CrossFit Mayhem Freedom.
- Darren Hunsucker, Angelo DiCicco, Elly Kabboord and Kristin Miller for CrossFit Mayhem Independence.
- Invictus Teams: I’m sure there will be several, but Sam Dancer plans on going teams in 2018. If he and his wife, Jenn, are on a team that would have to be considered a super team. They are in San Diego and training full time in preparation for qualifying for the Games in 2018. More to come out of that camp for sure.
What other teams are out there looking to compete for the title in 2018? I’m looking for teams with former Games athletes on them. Especially if athletes are relocating their lives to compete on a team at the Games.