Day 15: Half way home.
- Meal 1: An adouille sausage and some rotisserie chicken (wife bought a whole one and carved it up for meals during the week – yes, Whole 30 approved!). My wife snuck a blood orange into the fruit drawer and I unknowingly packed it last night. Gross. Those things smell really good, but they are hard to look at and have a bad after taste. I could only choke down one piece and had to throw it away. Luckily I packed a green apple too, at that. 3 gram fish oil , 2 vit D tablets and multivitamin.
- Meal 2: Leftover chili from last night, carrots and guacamole. About 2 handfuls of trail mix.
- Snack: Small handful of almonds and some pork rinds (surprised that they comply to Whole 30…but I suppose they are “junk food”.)
- Meal 3: Mahi Mahi with charbroiled brussel sprouts. Applesauce for dessert.
- Meal 1: 4 hard boiled eggs and a banana. 2 grams fish oil, 2 vit D tablets and multivitamin.
- Meal 2: I brought some sausage too and “snacked” on that around 9am. The final helping of leftover chili from Monday night, carrots and guac and a mango.
- Snack: Larabar and a handful of almonds.
- Meal 3: Meatloaf (with red and yellow peppers), bacon wrapped dates and my wife found a mixture of root vegetables (carrots, rutabagas, beets, squash, etc) and we roasted them with a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Meal 1: stomach was growling when I woke up this morning so I had a banana before CrossFit. I had about 5-6 ounces of sausage after along with an apple. 2 grams fish oil, 2 vit D tablets and a multivitamin.
- Meal 2: left over Mahi Mahi from Tuesday night, 2 Roma tomatoes sliced and eaten raw with salt and pepper, about 2 handfuls of almonds and a Larabar. Hopefully this is enough to keep me from getting really hungry around 2-3 and needing a snack.
- Meal 3: hamburgers with sauteed mushrooms and onion with sweet potato fries on the side.
- Meal 1: no CrossFit today so I sauteed about 2-3 cups of red and orange peppers with onion, jalapenos, olives and mushrooms and then put 4 eggs into the mix. Topped with some salsa my brother in law made. 3 grams fish oil, 2 vit D tablets and multivitamin.
- Meal 2: leftover meatloaf and the remainder of the sausage we bought. Left over brussel sprouts.
- Meal 3: made some steaks and had 2 of them but I’m guessing they were only 3 ounces and 4 ounces, they were small. We also roasted some Kombucha squash with some salt, pepper and cinnamon. If I haven’t said it before, I’ll say it now and if I have said it before I’ll say it again: Kombucha squash is amazingly good. I probably had an entire squash. I was starving so I also had some applesauce with bananas and cinnamon.
- Meal 1: sweet potato hash with a pumpkin twist. I chopped some sweet potato and put in a pan with olive oil to let it fry. While that was cooking I cooked some beef. After a bit in the pan I added some canned pumpkin, salt and pepper to the sweet potatoes and mixed and continued to let it cook. I added mushrooms, onion and olives after about 10 minutes to the sweet potatoes. When the beef was done I added it, grease and all, to the sweet potato/veggie mixture and put a lid on and let it cook for about 10 minutes. Finally I added 4 eggs and covered again (that’s why the yolks look white, because I put a lid onto the pan so they cooked from the top and bottom). After I served we broke the yolk so the yolk spread into the hash. It was amazing. 3 grams fish oil, 2 vit D tablets and a multivitamin.
- Post Workout: my weekends can get screwy when it comes to eating. Working out at 9am just throws me off because I have to eat beforehand. I usually do not eat before working out during the week. At 10:30 I was leaving CrossFit, starving, so I rushed home (supposed to get protein and carbs into your system withing 45 minutes of working out) and had a banana, 2 hard boiled eggs and a beef stick.
- Meal 2: a buddie’s daughter turned 3 this week and her b’day party was today at 2pm so I decided to leave a bit early with the kiddo’s and stop at 5 Guys for a bacon burger. Lettuce, tomato, pickle and grilled onions and mushrooms.
- Snack: I had to have some fruit at the birthday party. At least I steered clear of the crackers, cheese and cupcakes!
- Meal 3: Boy, I ate a lot today! We made our favorite acorn squash breakfast dish. It’s acorn squash mixed with breakfast sausage, onion and a sunny side up egg on top. They’re awesome.
- Meal 1: Banana immediately after I was done running and about 30 minutes later I had leftover acorn squash/sausage mix from last night along with some added veggies and 3 eggs. 3 grams fish oil, 2 vit D tablets and multivitamin.
- Snack: Larabar.
- Meal 2: Chipotle – my “usual” (chicken salad, fajita veggies, two scoops of mild, hot and guac)
- Snack: found some peaches in our freezer that my mom-in-law brought for us in the summer (she has an amazing garden) and I had a few slices.
- Meal 3: Ahi tuna marinated in coconut amino, sesame seeds and chives. “Potato” Letke that were made out of Chinese radish (I think is what that was…?) and red and yellow zucchini, egg and some ground up pork rinds. We had some zucchini leftover and roasted them with some white onion. Pretty fabulous dinner.
- Meal 1: I made some Italian sausage yesterday and took two links to eat after CrossFit. No work today but had to go straight from CrossFit to a body shop since a young lady rear ended my wife last week. Along with the sausage I took some pineapple and 2 bananas. When I got home from the body shop I had leftover Kombucha squash.
- Meal 2: Chicken wings and red, green and sweet potato fries.
- Meal 3: Hamburger with sauteed mushrooms, onion and peppers. Handful of almonds. Applesauce for dessert.