Day 22 – I wish I could say this is the last week…but…it is 30 days, not 28.
- Meal 1: Italian sausage, pineapple and avocado. 3 grams fish oil, 2 vit D tablets and a multivitamin.
- Meal 2: 3 hamburger patties (maybe 1/2 pound total?) and a cucumber.
- Snack: Larabar and a handful of trail mix.
- Meal 3: I worked out twice today and might need a snack before I go to bed…hope not. Wife marinated jerk chicken thighs that I grilled on the BBQ. She also made butternut squash which we ate right out of the skin/shell/whatever. She rubbed it with coconut oil before cooking and I sprinkled some cinnamon on it when it was done, it was tasty. Applesauce and half of a banana with cinnamon.
- Meal 1: Package of nitrate free turkey breast, carrots, banana and a handful of almonds. 3 grams fish oil, 2 vit D tablets and a multivitamin.
- Meal 2: Left over andouille sausage and two eggs cooked in the microwave at work. An apple and a Larabar.
- Snack: Trailmix and a beef stick.
- Meal 3: Lots of veggies sauteed in bacon grease (kale, onion, cherry tomatoes, red, green and orange pepper, jalapeno and mushrooms). 3 pieces of bacon, 4 eggs and an avocado. It was WAY too much food. I’m stuffed…
- Meal 1: 4 hard boiled eggs, 2 beef sticks, carrots. 3 grams fish oil, 2 vit D tablets and multivitamin.
- Meal 2: Leftover jerk chicken, cucumber, handful of almonds.
- Meal 3: I was so hungry when I got home around 4pm I had a lot of a leek salad my wife made (leek, grape fruit, avocado with a orange/dijon dressing). Then I had a bunch of shrimp around 6pm that were tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper then baked. Finally, about 7pm I had applesauce with banana and cinnamon. Not exactly the dinner they preach in the Whole30 but sometimes kids and life get in the way of having a sit down dinner…
- Meal 1: Chorizo, eggs and shrimp with mixed veggies (green, orange and red peppers, onions, mushrooms, jalapenos and cherry tomatoes). 2 grams fish oil, 2 vit D tablets, multivitamin.
- Meal 2: Souper salad where I had lots of veggies with no dressing and eggs, ham and bacon.
- Snack: Beef stick.
- Meal 3: Brussel sprouts sauteed with bacon and some peppers, onion and mushroom. Roast my wife made yesterday in the crock pot.
- Meal 1: Paleo pumpkin pancakes (this time minus the baking powder…) with 2 eggs on top. Will be an interesting day as it is day 1 of my level 1 cert. I packed some mashed sweet potatoes for a snack. Will probably go to Whole Foods for lunch if I have time or maybe Chipotle.
- Meal 2: I decided on Whole Foods and had a tasty, but expensive, $10 salad. All veggies along with chicken.
- Snacks: My body is so used to eating around 11 that eating closer to 1 today ensured I needed snacks. I took 3 hard boiled eggs with me and ate two of them, one at a time, before lunch time.
- Snacks: After our WOD (F’ing Fran) at the Level 1 certification I had the final egg and some mashed sweet potatoes.
- Meal 3: Was absolutely famished when I got home and made my scrambled eggs mix and I used some leftover brussel sprouts, too. I even had a banana and applesauce, just a little, after. Need to be sure to drink more water tomorrow.
- Meal 1: Chorizo, 2 eggs and veggies. 3 grams fish oil, 2 vit D tablets and multivitamin.
- Meal 2: Most likely will be Whole Foods again, that salad yesterday was good. ($11 salad today…was good…but expensive)
- Snacks: I’m taking the
remainder of the roastfrom this past week and mashed sweet potatoes. (Didn’t eat the roast but did eat the potatoes)
- Meal 3: I think my wife is making fajitas tonight!
Day 28: on the home stretch!
- Meal 1: 4 hard boiled eggs and the final serving of my mashed sweet potatoes. 3 grams fish oil (after my L1 I know I should be putting 900mg of DHA/EPA), 2 vit D tablets and a multivitamin
- Meal 2: The leftover roast, apple, small peach thing (lol @ my knowledge of fruit), Larabar.
- Snack: handful of trailmix
- Meal 3: This was a curve ball. My wife made this chicken which was supposed to cook at 425 for 25 minutes which is perfect for some pepper and sweet potato “fries”. I cooked both together and the fries turned out great but the chicken didn’t cook enough and I didn’t realize it until I had eaten all the fries first while the chicken was cooling. I was so hungry that while I waited for the stove to re-heat and then the chicken to cook some more I had a small bowl of applesauce, bananas and cinnamon. When I got the chicken out again I realized it STILL wasn’t cooked and now my desire for chicken was zapped. So I boxed it all up and figure the microwave can finish off the rest for leftovers, but I was still hungry. My wife has found this liverwurst that is Whole 30 approved so I ate that with cucumber and made little sandwiches. Not the ideal dinner, but I definitely got my veggies in and dealt with a change in plans in the last minute.