Day 1, May 27th – as I write this I can already feel the soda cravings coming. It’s gonna be a hard few days.
- Meal 1: 5 hard boiled eggs, with salt. 2 small apples with almond butter (from sprouts, almonds and salt only), 1 banana
- Meal 2: steak salad (lettuce, kale, peppers, onion, cherry tomatoes and steak (grass fed/finished)). Homemade Whole 30 mayo for dressing
- Meal 3: steak salad (lettuce, kale, peppers, onion, cherry tomatoes and steak (grass fed/finished)). Homemade Whole 30 mayo for dressing
- Meal 4: Chipotle with no soda! (Salad with barbacoa (this is the only meat without hormones), 2 scoops mild salsa, 1 scoop green and guac)
- Notes: We will see if I can actually get down to only 3 meals a day. I think if I am to accomplish this I would need a huge breakfast since I workout first thing in the morning before eating. I usually digest my eggs and fruit pretty quick.
Day 2, May 28th
- Snack – Banana between coaching classes this morning and super clean protein bar after class
- Meal 1 – 5 hard boiled eggs, 2 pears
- Meal 2 – Sweet potato fries and a kale salad (grilled shrimp, kale, shredded carrots, cranberries, tomatoes, edemame — and as I write this I remember that edamame is a no-no — and peas)
- Snack – 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 small apple w/ almond buttter
- Meal 3 – About 5 oz steak with fajita veggies (varying peppers and onions), applesauce with pineapple and strawberries and cinnamon.
- Notes: The protein bar isn’t Whole 30, but it was gluten, soy and sugar free…and the sweet potato fries aren’t Whole 30, I believe, because I am not supposed to “Paleo-fy” foods, right? So eating “fries” of any kind is a no-no. I believe. I had to have a snack before coaching my son’s t-ball practice as I don’t think my kale salad with 4 pieces of shrimp did much for me. And as I write this I feel hungry at about 7:30 at night. To the water I go!
Day 3, May 29th
- Meal 1 – was starving after gym and at home to cook soooo… 4 slices of bacon, in bacon grease peppers, onion, chives and tomatoes sauteed and then 4 eggs into veggies. When cooked topped egg mixture with guac. Feeling good!
- Meal 2 – picnic for my son’s preschool graduation – 1 can tuna with homemade mayo and guac, some plantain chips (Whole 30 approved) and cantaloupe
- Snack – Finished off the plantain chips and two small pieces of clean deer meat/sausage
- Meal 3 – Chili’s (no chips and no soda! Success!): burger, no bun of course, with bacon and avocado, tomato, onion, lettuce and mustard + sweet potato fries
- Notes: cravings were really rough today. I went to the chiro in the morning and really, really wanted to stop for a soda. Then, later, before lunch, I wanted something crunchy. I fought them off successfully.
Day 4, May 30th
- Meal 1 – Leftover spaghetti squash mixed with fire roasted tomatoes, breakfast sausage, steak, peppers, onion and some garlic and oregano
- Meal 2 – Same as above
- Meal 3 – Steak salad – leftover steak on lettuce, peppers, cherry tomatoes, chives and onion with homemade Whole 30 mayo for dressing
- Meal 4 – Egg plant burgers – ground beer (grass fed/finished) mixed with egg and chives pounded into patties and placed on egg plant sliced and baked for a bun. Homemade Whole 30 mayo and pickles on the burgers. Whole 30 coleslaw for a side, made with the same Whole 30 mayo. Life is good.
- Notes: the first day without a real solid craving for soda.
Day 5, May 31st
- Snack – woke up too early before I went to the gym, but not early enough for a full meal, so I had an apple
- Meal 1 – cubed ham, peppers and chives fried in bacon grease and then mixed with 4 eggs. Concoction topped with guac and a banana for good measure
- Meal 2 – This is why this is “not quite a Whole 30”: Chipotle, fajita veggies, barbacoa (only meat they serve with GMOs), 2 scoops mild, 1 scoop green and guac….plus 1 scoop of rice. I need the carbs after this morning. A salad wasn’t going to cut it. How much did I workout this morning? I drank nearly 4 full nalgene bottles of water and still wasn’t peeing. I needed something dense in carbs and rice was the best option.
- Snack – So hungry I finished off the cole slaw and burgers from last night
- Meal 3 – Fogo de Chao – sorry, I cheated and failed. No gluten, no soda, no beer, but I assume the pineapple had sugar of some sort in it and I did have a fruity cocktail. Other than that, lots of meat.
Day 6, June 1st
- Meal 1 – eggs/ham/peppers/guac for breakfast – same as yesterday
- Snack – Leftover ground beef mixed with mayo/mustard and some cantaloupe
- Meal 2 – Red Robbin – bunless burger and sweet potato fries
- Notes – went to a 2nd cousins grad party today and didn’t eat anything that wasn’t Whole 30 approved – it was tough